MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
Lyman Briggs College bridges the sciences and humanities through interdisciplinary teaching and research,
- Sustaining an inclusive residential college environment within a major research university;
- Fostering collaboration between students, faculty, and staff, to advance scholarship, teaching innovation, and community engagement; and
- Inspiring students to become lifelong learners, engaged citizens, and effective leaders.
Founded on the core MSU principles of quality, inclusion, and connectivity, Lyman Briggs College will provide all of its students with a rigorous interdisciplinary education that prepares them to excel as scientific and civic leaders. As Lyman Briggs Spartans, we will:
In fulfilling our mission and striving to realize our vision, we hold fast to these core values:
- Appreciating our community's intellectual, cultural, and personal diversity as a source of strength.
- Collaborating across differences of experience, discipline, and methodology.
- Approaching all college matters in the spirit of scholarship and inquiry.
To learn more about our values and how we promote them, please click here.
To help support the mission, vision, and values of Lyman Briggs College please click here.