9th Annual Lyman Briggs College Research Symposium
Sydney Barosko presents her poster at the LBC Research
Hundreds of Lyman Briggs students participated in the college’s 9th Annual Research Symposium, which was held April 27-30 in Holmes Hall. Students presented poster and oral presentations on a variety of STEM and History, Philosophy, and Sociology of Science topics.
The MSU Federal Credit Union sponsored the event and awarded the symposium winners with prize money. The winners of the 9th Annual Lyman Briggs College Research Symposium are listed below:
Grand Prize Winners:
- Clare Laut: Antibiotic and Immune System Persistence in Group B Streptococcus
- Olivia Goethe: Repurposing an Aminomutase from Taxus Plants
Honorable Mention Winners:
- Dylan Miller: To Sting Or Not To Sting? Analysis Of Cross-Species And Cross-Sex Stinging Defensive Behavior In Scorpions
- Tyler Miksanek: Developing a Quantitative Western Blot Procedure for Chromatin-Associated Proteins
- Lana Grasser: The Neuroscience of Reading: an fMRI Study of Natural Reading
- Elena Michel: Functional characterization of a lipid translocator in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii
- Abigail Miller: Comparing Acylsucrose Acyltransferase-2 (ASAT2) Activity in Wild Tomato Species
Special thanks to MSUFCU for attending the event and for donating $2,500 to support student prizes.